Grab your creative crew. We've got your itinerary for an inspiring, all-day art adventure that's totally free.
Just 15 minutes from the 100% Festival another incredible art event is taking place and it's a dynamic duo that is not to be missed. On both Saturday, November 10 and Sunday, November 11 artists and galleries throughout Inglewood will open their doors to the public. Whether you hit up the Open Studios before or after the 100% Festival, there is plenty to see and explore.
At the Inglewood Open Studios visitors will be invited to personally tour private artist working spaces and enjoy art created in all forms of media like drawing, painting, sculpture, mixed media, photography, printmaking, installation, video, and performance. Both events offer workshops and talks, so check out the 100% Festival schedule and download an Open Studios map to plan out your trip in advance.
Now in its 12th year, the 2018 Inglewood Open Studios is run by founder Renée A Fox (Otis College BFA '02) and artist and educator Holly Tempo. Many of the artists showing throughout the weekend have Otis connections and it's the perfect way to get your daily recommended amount of art and inspiration in one trip!
For now, here is a sample itinerary for Saturday to get the ideas flowing.
- 11am: Grab brunch at local favorites The Coffee Company, Cafe Solar, or Truxton's.
- 12:30pm: Tile Painting with powerhouse ceramicist Joan Takayama Ogawa at the 100% Festival
- 2:30pm: Building to 100 Panel Discussion with DeviantArt at the 100% Festival
- 3pm: Grab something from one of the festival's food trucks and head on over to Inglewood
- 3:30pm: Check out the group show at Residency Gallery for the Inglewood Open Studios
- 4pm: Catch féi hernandez for Hood Criatura, a spoken word poetry performance, at the Inglewood Open Studios
- 5pm: FOMO starts to set in but then you quickly realize that you can do the whole thing again tomorrow!